Saturday, February 18, 2012

One-Two-Three - GO

Alright it is not 1-2-3 go but it is 1-2-3 Challenge time. I started playing along with the Heart 2 Heart challenges again. I am having so much fun. this past week was pretty busy and I almost forgot but I remembered just in time!

One Stamp
Two Pattern Papers
Three Embellishments

This page was so outside the norm for me.
I used browns and yellow.

Here are my two patterned papers.

Do you remember that CTMH now has a pattern on the back of their detail strip? I tend to forget sometimes but have managed to not toss any of them on accident yet. They are all so cute! I thought this one went well with my other pattern paper with brown snowflakes. Both of these papers are from the Wonderland Collection

Here is my one stamp and my three embellishments. The stamp is from the Wonderland Workshop on the go...if you ever read my blog you know how much I adore kits. I also used the Foundry Pin clips that came with it and added some Twine and Brads from my stash. The WOTG kit also comes with Gems but this page is more masculine so I left those out. 

Here is the main way I brought it together.

Here is the left page telling the story of how my daughters fiance got her car stuck in a snow bank seconds after digging it out of the driveway. So funny! You can also see the snow flakes on this page from the stamp that I used.

and the right page. Not so much to see over here. I tried to think of some other things I could do to this side of the page but have not come up with anything yet so for now it is done.

Supplies:

Cardstock: White Daisy, Grey Flannel, Honey, Chocolate (CTMH)
Pattern Paper: Wonderland (CTMH)
Ink: Bamboo (CTMH)
Embellishments: Foundry Pin Clips, Brads, Chocolate Twine (CTMH)
Stamps: WOTH Wonderland Set (CTMH)
Other: Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (CTMH)

5 comments:

  1. Amy, the yellow makes the equipment really pop! It is hard to step out of our comfort zone (I know it is for me), but sometimes you discover something new that you're good at! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never would have thought of using the yellow with Wonderland, but how clever! Yes, the zip strips are terrific easy-to-use accents!
    Thanks so much for playing and sharing your cute layout with H2H, hope you'll keep playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combo! I think your layout looks perfect the way it is, but if you wanted to embellish the other page, maybe add a row of three brads along the edge of the bottom right or something else simple? Thanks for taking the H2H 1, 2, 3 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful and the yellow just lifts all the grey of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors that you chose. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete