Monday, October 13, 2014

Back to my roots

So earlier this month it was World Cardmaking Day. Did you make any cards? I did! I made a few cards and a Christmas present. I am not quite ready to share that yet but I will share the cards. Once I was done I realized I did not use any pattern paper...what? I guess I just went back to my roots for the day. Once upon a time I was a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, that seems like a million years ago. Anyway when I was with them I never ever used pattern paper it almost seemed like I was cheating on the rubber. Haha, now these days you see Stampin' Up! Demos using pattern paper in their designs but that just shows you how the crafting world has changed.

Anyway the cards...


As I was playing with the marvelous hostess only stamp set Thanksgiving Wreath I was just itching to do some random stamping and create my own back ground...so I did.



Oooooohhhhh....ahhhhh random stamping super fun!


The secret to random stamping - stamp in triangles and turn the image a 1/4" every time. I learned that from my friend Patti (Stamping Yoda) who used to be my SU Demo. We are still great friends 10 years later...just another reason I LOVE papercrafting.

 
What do you think? I also did a nifty little paper sanding trick since our paper is white core. I scored those lines at a 1/2" and then sanded over them. Perdy!

Ok now onto card #2 I just really love this tree in Artbooking and so I made several and then I had a lot of tree's and a lot of leaves. (gift hint: I used a bunch there too) Anyway I wanted to try the tree without the outline and here is what I came up with.


I actually glued those into each spot using the outline of the tree and then I just removed it. I pieced the background together first, the grass, sky, and clouds.

Finally I added this little thanks I think it looks a little like it is hanging on the tree, if it were a little bigger it might look like it was carved on there.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed my little trip down memory lane and if you stamped on World Cardmaking Day I would love to see what you came up with.

Supplies*:
Cardstock - Campaign (X5931), Cocoa (X5642), White Daisy (1385), Olive (1245), Autumn Terracotta (1270) Barn Red (X5637), Lagoon (X5762), Goldrush (1243)
Ink - Olive (Z2137), Barn Red (Z2104), Autumn Terracotta (Z2101), Goldrush (Z2123)
Stamp Sets - Thanksgiving Wreath (B1454)Embellishments - Sparkles Brown & Tan Assortment (Z1753), Olive BradOther - Artiste (Z1790), Artbooking (Z1906)
*All supplies are from Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted.



You can find these Close to my Heart products at Jessica's CTMH store. Don't forget to check out the rest of the design teams blogs throughout the week. You can find a link in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment