Monday, October 20, 2014

Who's the boss?

Not me...that is why I made a card for my for my super awesome boss. I definitely hit the jackpot there. I have had a few not so great ones but most of the time I have been lucky and have had good ones. I am going to go out on a limb and say it is because I am a super duper employee.



Anyway I am the boss of my craft which means I do what I want when I am paper crafting. I can color outside the line and break the "rules" if I want to.

Can you spot what I did on this card?


If you noticed that my boarder stamp is the same wreath I have been using then yes you guess it! I cut my stamp up. Say what?



I was very careful and trimmed between the image and then I made it a boarder.


I will admit I was a little nervous in all my many stamping years I have never cut a stamp before but I really wanted to use this as a boarder so I just did it.

Love it.

I also did something else a little different on this card. I had an emergency with my olive cardstock as in I ran out! Wha wha what? How could this be it is one of my favorite colors anyway and what with it being fall and all...what is a girl to do?

Make my own

 


 


I think it turned out pretty good. I also like to do this if I just need a little big of color or a brushed look.




Supplies*:
Cardstock - Champaign (x5931), Barn Red (X56372), Colonial White (1388)
Ink - Black (Z2105) Olive (Z2137)
Stamp Sets - Thanksgiving Wreath (B1454), Pennant Alphabet (E1018) retired
Pattern Paper - Pathfinding (X7186B)
Embellishments - Opaques Mocha (Z1333)
*All supplies are from Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted.

You can find these Close to my Heart products at Jessica's CTMH store. Don't forget to check out the rest of the design teams blogs throughout the week. You can find a link in the sidebar.



No comments:

Post a Comment